Sunday 6 March 2011

My First Sculpture in 21 Years



My lovely hubby excelled himself this birthday and bought me some clay, a modelling board and some tools. So this morning, for the first time in 21 years, I created something in clay.
This is my first (unfinished) wee maquette (like a mini 3 dimensional sketch for a bigger sculpture). It's about 4 inches high.
I was so excited this morning when I woke up and remembered that I was about to get my hands mucky! 


21 years is a long time not to do something that I used to be so passionate about and practiced in. But I'd locked away my creativity, too afraid that if I carried on sculpting I wouldn't get on with 'real life'.  


And that's why I'm putting these photos on my blog - to ensure that I can't carry on as a 'margin artist' for another 21 years!


Thank you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment